Saturday, July 12, 2008

Eli, Nut-Job-Eli

Okay, for those who haven't been to our house recently its time I share an embarrassing fact with you. Ahh . . the horror. Okay, here it is: Eli wears a diaper. Yep, you read that right; my 7-pound-nut-job-dog wears an actual diaper. Oh the humiliation!

When Addison began walking, Eli began marking inside the house. He was neutered early as a puppy, but even still he cannot seem to fight the urge to mark. Because of the timing of his new-found, dare I say: skill; its presumed that he is marking in a disgusting attempt to tell Addison that this is HIS house.

So $500+ later our carpets have been cleaned and Eli wears a diaper. He looks like an idiot with that diaper wrapped around his mid-section; but it is his only option if he wants to continue living in OUR house.

The part that puzzles me the most is that he actually LIKES wearing his diapers. Seriously! He gets excited when I come near him with one. Just another way that Eli is not quite right.

I am a bit concerned on how this may affect my daughter. Understandably she believes all dogs wear diapers.

Here she is trying to diaper Maybel's head:


Giving Maybel a kiss for being such a good diapering subject:


What a good dog Maybel is and yes, at times nut-job-Eli too.

No comments: