Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dr. Pepper Peg Leg

A few weeks ago, Addison & I were in the living room and I snuck out and ran into the other room. While I was gone, I heard a high-pitched-scream. Now, I didn't panic because I'm fairly good at being able to 'read' those noises, and to be honest Addison enjoys a good scream from time to time.

So I yelled to her, "Addison, what are you doing?"

Her reply simply was, "Epp." She was asking for Help, but based on the lack of emotion I could tell it wasn't an actual emergency.

A few seconds later I walk in to find my child with a cardboard version of a peg leg. My reaction? Grab the camera, of course.


So while I snapped away, she kept asking for "epp."


A good mother would have immediately ran to her child's rescue. But she has me. I told her to "hang on for just one more second," and I clicked away.


Check out her face - she is just sooo over it!


Turns out, she had gotten her leg stuck through the handle of the box - not the open end - I have no idea how she got her slipper-covered foot through that hole! And with her slipper on, it really wasn't easy to break her free and we had to rip open the box.


Believe it or not, she could actually move around pretty good with the box; but she was soooo happy to be rid of that Doctor Pepper Peg Leg!

No comments: