Monday, March 23, 2009

Ever Wonder . . .

. . . . How they just know??



One morning, while in Rochester, I came back to the hotel from a very scary/invasive procedure. When I got to our room I listened through the door and couldn't hear a thing. I decided to wait out in the hall for Addison & Sean to get up before going in. Plus, anyone who has a one year old knows that there is nothing more beautiful than a one-year old who is SLEEPING IN!!

Anyhow, I used those 15-20 minutes to sit in the hall, sip on my Dr Pepper (ahh, sweet, sweet Dr Pepper . . .) and pulled myself together. As soon as I heard Addison and Sean get up I went into the room.

Expecting the normal morning request, "MOMMY!! Yoda Yo" (Addison Speak for Yogurt). . . I instead got a sweet little girl in pink pajamas to reach out for me and wrap her little arms around my neck. She rested her head on my shoulder and just whispered, "Mommy." Ahh, my sweet girl . . . she snuggled with me for about 10 minutes giving me exactly the peace, love and comfort I needed. How'd she know??!!

1 comment:

Staci said...

You have an amazing bond with Miss Addison... it's incredible how they just "know." Kailyn knew I was pregnant way before I did... sometimes I wonder if they have a sixth sense about physiologial stuff that we have unlearned as we get older. How special that she gets to comfort you in your time of need as you have in hers so many times =).