Friday, August 08, 2008

Sloan

On August 1st my Grandma Mary turned 89 years old! We celebrated her birthday the following Saturday with much of the family. We visited my Grandma several times but somehow this was the only visit we broke out the camera for. Unfortunately, these were the only pictures I got of Addison and her Great Grandma Mary. And as you can see in the pictures, my cousin Kennedy was not really wanting to share our Grandma and allow her to have pictures with just Addison. I actually think it's pretty cute. Kennedy is the youngest of all the cousins (by far) and she is so attached to our Grandma.


My Grandma had 5 children which resulted in 13 (yes, 13) grandchildren! From there she now has 16 great-grandchildren. Addison was number 14 - which I think is great because she was the baby that pushed the great-grandchildren into the majority.


While in Iowa I finally met Gracie. Gracie is my cousin Gretchen's little girl who I've watched grow through pictures. She is just a beautiful girl with such an open and sweet heart. If I could have, I would have taken her back to Alaska with us. Gracie fell in love with Addison and when going through our pictures from that day, Gracie is near Addison in almost every picture. I love it!



Gibson is Gracie's little brother. He's such an adorable, rolly-polly guy. Gibson weighed 24.5 pounds at his 9 month check-up; no wonder they call him Hank the Tank! This picture of Gibson and his grandma (my Aunt Candy) was too cute not to include in this posting!


Everyone was worried about Gibson pounding on Addison a bit (he's been known to be a bruiser) but Addison held her own. He grabbed and pulled on her once and she took his little hand and pushed it away. From that point on they played very well.


My Grandma has a beautiful yard. It would have been the perfect place to take some great portraits; but it was way too hot out there (over 100 degrees) so we played outside for a bit before retreating to the AC.

No comments: