Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Why Two Naps Are Necessary

We spent the entire day getting Sean ready to go on a week-long work trip in Anchorage and missed getting Addison down for her second nap of the day. Sean & I tried to find the up-side of our oversight (we felt like we were better parents if we could put a positive spin on this - silly us). We decided that this would be a good test to see if Addison could go without her second nap, just in case our days got busy, on our up-coming vacation.

No later than 1 hour after we got Sean on the plane to Anchorage I learned that skipping the second nap is in no way an option!!

WARNING: If you are thinking about having a baby at any point in the future - do not watch this video!!

Sorry, but the video is sideways - I don't know how to fix it!!



For those who had a strong enough stomach to actually watch the entire 42 seconds of this video - congrats, you are tough! I can't watch it all!!!

Anyhow, what set Addison off was the power cord for my laptop. We were upstairs and she decided that she wanted to play with the cord. Sure it wasn't plugged in or anything, but cords among many other things in this house are not toys! I told her no, took her away from the temptation and she started on her very first temper tantrum. I tried everything I could think of to distract her but nothing worked. I finally realized that I needed to let her 'cry it out.' It was a tough few minutes for us both; but as soon as those few minutes passed she was back to smiles and sunshine - Thank Goodness!!!

No comments: