Sunday, May 09, 2010

Pedaling is a weird word.

Last year for Addison's Birthday we got her a trike. Poor kid - she couldn't even reach the pedals. Isn't that mean? Giving a kid a toy that they aren't able to really use for their birthday??!! Who the heck is this child's mother??!!

So a year later we broke the trike out to go ride with Ireland. It didn't last long. Before I could run in the house and grab the camera she was done with her trike. Addison can reach them now; but just couldn't get the pedals down. One time when she tipped the trike over she said to Rachael & I, "There's something not quite right here."

So while Sean was off work this week he gave her a quick lesson . . .



And it didn't take long . . .


Before . . .


She was pedaling all on her own!!


Then it was time to celebrate with some jumping . . .


And some dancing!


Then she was back on the move . . . . .


But only for a short bit - it was time to walk the trike back home.


It was so much fun watching her jump up and down while shouting, "I did it! I did it!" So it seems that Sean and I weren't the only ones who were proud of the latest accomplishment. I love that.

No comments: